Taking Care of Your Skin
- 1One of the most important parts of keeping your skin looking good is keeping well hydrated. Make sure you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday. In summer people tend to drink water more than in winter, but make sure that even if you don't feel like drinking water in winter, you must drink at least 7 glasses of water a day. If don't like water or it is just too boring, try having green tea or any other beverages which are hot. Just make sure you are well hydrated.
- 2Make a routine for washing your face. Keeping your skin well hydrated by cleaning,toning and moisturizing will make a drastic difference in you.
- Invest in products such as: face cleanser, astringents, face exfoliators and a facial moisturizer.
- Start by washing your hands, then wet your face and dry it with a towel. Always remember to be gentle with your skin, especially when it comes for your face's skin.
- 3Then go with a mild cleanser. This is important because it keeps your skin supple. Take a comfortable amount on your palm and apply it on your face. Then, massage it into your face in circular motions, making sure they are comfortable for you. Massage into your forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and eye area, keeping your eyes closed while near them. Massage your face at least for 5 to 10 minutes. then with damp cotton pads or cotton wool clear your face.
- 4If you have an oily skin, make sure you use astringent or skin toner after you are done with your cleanser. Put some toner on the cotton pad/wool and gently apply all over your face or wherever your skin is oily. Toning will keep your skin fresh for a longer time.
- If you have dry skin you may apply the toner, however this might not be such a good idea as it will dry out the skin even more. You should apply astringent/ toner most in summer time when weather is more humid.
- 5Exfoliation is another very important part in taking care of your skin, but you can not exfoliate your skin everyday like cleaning, toning and moisturizing. You may exfoliate your skin about once a week if you have normal to dry skin, and twice a week if you have oily skin.
- 6To exfoliate your skin get a good scrub and apply on skin and gently massage it. Do not put pressure on skin as you have to do it gently or your skin may get red and irritated. When you are done massaging it, rinse your skin and immediately pat your skin with a cotton or soft towel. It will leave your skin to take moisturizer in well.
- 7Now time for moisturization. You may think, you have an oily skin so why do you need to moisturize your skin? But think, if you don't moisturize your skin well, would it look good, hydrated or well maintained even with makeup? Of course not! Hence, you should apply moisturizer to keep you skin looking good.
- 8Find a good moisturizer for your skin. There are huge variety of products available for moisturizer out in market. If you get aren't sure with which one to use, try lots of different ones. Two which are recommended are, for oily skin, Himalaya Soothing Lotion. This one is very light on skin and can be absorbed by skin very easily. For dry skin, Himalaya Intense Moisturizing Face Lotion. It feels good on skin.
- 1Make sure you take care of your eyebrows. Pluck them if they are thick or wonky. It does hurt a lot when threading it out in parlor so you may go for plucking it on your own. Here what you have to do:
- Get a good pair of tweezers and pluck one or two every single or alternate day this way you can minimize your pain and you will get an idea about where you want pluck the next time and which one is the best side you pluck and get a killer eyebrow. Make sure you don't over-pluck your eyebrows though, as not only will you cause unnecessary pain but nothing looks weirder than having no eyebrows.
- Brush them well. With a brow brush, brush your brows all upwards, then brush them outwards. It should give your brows a well groomed look that will give your whole face a polished feel.
- 2Exfoliate and moisturize your lips. Wet a clean toothbrush and put Vaseline on it, and then gently scrub your lips with it.
- 3Get rid of the dead skin. After bathing, with a towel, gently rub your lips, and you can see all the deeds of you lips are coming of. Rub the skin tip you get a plain clear red lips. Keep your lips well hydrated by applying lip balm. Always keep a lip balm in your purse, whenever you feel the need to, apply it to your lips. Also every time before applying lip balm, with your handkerchief and a little water, rub your lips and get of all the dead skin. This method will keep your lips always well maintained will help achieving beautiful lips naturally.
- 4Have a flattering and nice haircut. Long, short, medium, with whatever type of bangs you want, you just have to choose a style that suits you. But one important tip:cut a few layers on your hair, in order to give your hair some nice volume distribution and movement.
- 5Deep condition your hair with a good hot oil hair massage. Do it once or twice a week according to your desire to get good hair. All you have to do is get which ever hair oil you use, heat it, and slowly apply it on your scalp and hair, then leave it overnight and shampoo the next day.
- You don't need apply hair conditioner the next day while you shampoo because you have already have conditioned it overnight. Make sure you don't overdo things though, as that won't be good for your hair. br>
- 6Read thoroughly How to Look After Your Hair and follow those steps to have shiny, healthy and undamaged hair.
Taking Care of Yourself
- 1Try to eat as little junk food and drink as little soda as possible. If you tend to drink soda and eat junk food almost every day, try to massively reduce these things. You don't have to banish these goodies from your diet, but try to minimize them to the smallest portions possible and only once a week at most. Instead of soda, go for juice or even better, water. Instead of fried burgers, go for natural sandwiches. Also, eat at least two or three fruits everyday, any fruit. Remember your 5 a day!
- 2Try to cut down salt. It is one of the most unhealthy things we have on a daily basis. It destroys our digestive system, hence making it work much less efficiently in digesting food.
- 3Drink lots of water. At least 8 glasses of water a day.
- 4Sweat out. Try to walk or exercise for at least for 30 to 45 mins a day, maybe at a park or while talking with a friend over phone or going for longer walk with someone special. Try some free hand exercises at home.
- 5Have good posture. No matter how cute you look, you'll look even better if you also look confident, and you can do this by always walking, sitting and moving with a straight posture and head high. Even if you are at home, practice by yourself with good manners and proper discipline.
Putting it All Together
- 1Look for nice, basic pieces of clothing. Two or three well-fitted pairs of jeans, some t-shirts mostly a lil loose (currently in fashion), maybe a few skirts. If you want to show your great legs then wear shorts. Make sure your shorts are not too short though, they're not your underwear! Go for casual dresses if you like to wear dresses. Have good pairs of flaw, sneakers, and a good metallic stiletto for occasional use. Make sure all your clothes are comfortable or else you won't want to wear them.
- 2Accessorize for a touch of personal style. A basic outfit combination can look completely dressy and cool with the right accessories. Play around with earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings and show off who you are. If you are in the plan of wearing an outstanding outfit, get simple accessories. It will make you look more presentable and accessories will give your clothing a more personal touch.